"If you hear a voice within you say 'you cannot paint,' then by all means paint, and that voice will be silenced."
- Van Gogh, Artist
[Doing a bit of a post purge today, after being sick for the past wee while, apologies!]
It's Presentation time! The day we showed the class what area we would focus on, and what we had found out so far. I went over the THREE I'S in my previous post (which ended up being my main slides, go me!) so I'll look more at what I'm going to do after today. Where will this go? What is the outcome?
Well first, The Three I's: The Impact, The Importance, The Internal Struggle. These guys are the core of what I'm looking at. The crippling factor of low self esteem, the importance of high self esteem to us as creative beings, and the self conflict we fight against in times of low self esteem. The bottle doesn't always stay full, not for everyone!
"I didn't want to be an Artist"
In my presentation I used the example of Noah Bradley, who does the MAGIC! The Gathering Card designs. There's a full Album of Noah's 'story' of how he got where he is. I often look back through it when I'm down in the dumps. So, I felt it should be shared here. Basically, Noah didn't want to be an artist. It's something he did as a hobby that developed into a passion. He was told to do things he didn't particularly enjoy. After starting down his own path, he got approached and appreciated for his work. All from a paint set at the age of 19.
It's a truly moving story, it shows a lot about his mindset and what he went through getting where he is. I'll link it below.
Moving Forward
Case Studies. I want to get as many as I possibly can. Different experiences make for different stories. However, they will all share a similar aspect. All of the people I have in mind must have had to over come some self confidence issues in their time. Ranging from Artists, students in my class, online streamers, professional gamers. It's a shot in the dark to contact these people but no risk, no reward!
Using the information I plan to gather, I want to look at how we can possibly break this habit. How can what I'm gathering help out other people. My plan is to help out others in the process of helping myself. Everyone has their own path, their own opinion and experience with the likes of self confidence. How can I pull us all together? Can we make a permanent change in mindset for creative people especially?
No Resolution for you (yet)
No comments:
Post a Comment