Wednesday, 21 October 2015

Who ARE You? [Initial Case Studies #1]

"Self confidence is the first requisite to great understanding"- Samuel Johnson

[Doing a bit of a post purge today, after being sick for the past wee while, apologies!]

Gotta love some Alice in Wonderland. I prefer to work with background noise, whether it's music or a live stream, I don't like the silence. Over the past year or two I've held onto some really interesting streamers. From artists, to professional gamers, hobbyists and alike.


I have a vast library to work from.
Those who are unaware of Twitch TV - an online streaming service - I want to know where you've been hiding.. Twitch is a way for the average person to show the world their world. Their game skills, or entertainment skills. Some people get hits of 20k viewers everytime they stream. Living on a daily schedule of going for 6+ hours a day. These people can stream as a living. They quit their jobs and take a chance of making it on Twitch. So, what the hell is that all about? How did they do it? Starting at nothing and making it 'big' online. And of course, surely they had some self confidence issues. Time for me to poke!

I'm going to ask some of the streamers I'm more comfortable with about their experience, some convention interviews answer my questions so I'll poke for those and check it out that way. 

What I Know
Based on my experience with streamers on Twitch, a lot of it is about Luck. The right place at the right time and doing something that stands out from everybody else. Don't follow the crowd and just be YOU. A lot of the more high end streamers are asked how they did it, how did they started off and any tips they could give. I hear the same sort of response: Keep a schedule, interact and entertain, don't do it just because, Do it because you want to and ENJOY IT.


Consistently being active is a hard stretch but is shows dedication, reliability. Look at the amount of the younger generation is coming home and would sit in front of a computer all day watching Minecraft videos. Shocking isn't it? But it's like TV, it's entertainment on a new platform. With actual viewer interaction. If you speak in the chat, you have a chance of being 'noticed'. It makes you feel better.

The 'high end' streamers give up their full time jobs because they want to keep the consistency of streaming. Their passions drive them. This is awfully interesting. Do those truly passionate about it have more motivation/confidence to keep going then those who seek to do it as a full time job from the start?

Final Outcome Concerns.
Regarding an actual FINAL outcome for this project. I'm awfully worried. I have no idea what I'm going to do in regards to my topic, and my area of interest [Character Design and 3D.] I could do 'scenario' styles but right now, I really don't have much of a clue.. I'll get back to this point HOPEFULLY after class next week.

Still got some work to do.

Check out my Shadow on Social Media:

No comments:

Post a Comment