[Doing a bit of a post purge today, after being sick for the past wee while, apologies!]
Well okay, research time! Part 1
Let's tackle the first problem here, what exactly IS Self Esteem?
Google informed me of a few websites with useful information. Self Esteem is your worth, your confidence in abilities and your general self and well being. Your mind set, your outlook on life. It's all about YOU.
Taking that, I'll personalize my project. I'll help myself in the process. Get myself to a better level.
Unfortunately, I found that a lot of the websites on self esteem were about tackling it. How to deal with it and progress through self esteem issues. I'm not doing that yet, I want an understanding of the actual problem and the impact of it. How important Self Esteem is, not just for artists but for everyone.
To keep going with my research, I wanted to plan out the presentation first. What was the flow of my research into presentation format. I struggled to think about this. How do I break down Self Esteem, prior to the solution?
Below you can see my comparison table, the clash of high self esteem and low self esteem. From this I can break down the next 3 sections a bit easier.
I eventually decided to look at the impact it can have on a person, and their life. Looking at the table above, there's a fair few different comparisons between the two different sides. POSITIVE Self Confidence is important, especially in Creative people, as it allows them to keep pushing forward. They need to grow as a talented person and believe in their abilities. A positive mindset will drive and inspire them. Allow them to respect others, and more so THEMSELVES. Nothing is more important. It allows growth.
NEGATIVE self confidence, however, is the complete opposite. As you could imagine. One bad choice, leads to a possible bad experience, leading to more bad choices and it's an endless cycle. A break in the chain is needed as a first step. Low self esteem limits the abilities of a creative person, they feel worthless and that their talents/skills aren't worth anything in comparison to others. It can become seriously unhealthy and possibly ruin someones future if they don't learn to overstep this hurdle. The negative mindset will rub off onto those around you as well.
---
Leading into the importance of having confidence in one's own abilities. Looking into that will allow me to develop a proper solution to build on the self confidence of others, and more so - myself. Self Confidence is about valuing yourself as a person, seeing the benefits from your skills and abilities. It's a source of motivation in it's own right, only you can see your full potential! Confidence is yourself allows you to respect yourself, if you don't respect yourself then you won't accept others trying to respect you.
---
Finally, a deeper look into what I call "The War Within" which defines the internal struggle that becomes of low self confidence. It's all about having faith in yourself. Similar to a mental illness, a low self esteem will trigger the likes of anxiety, depression, and often cause people to sit inside a hole. You won't get anywhere down there! This internal struggle makes us focus on the weak parts of our being, we pick everything apart. What we do has no 'depth' or it's not 'good enough', standing up to that little nagging self inside you is damn difficult.
Remembering right now, we're just looking into what Self Esteem actually IS, how important it is. There's no solutions or 'how i did this' just yet. After my presentation I'll be looking into some cases using people I connect with online.
This is only the beginning

No comments:
Post a Comment