Friday, 25 December 2015

3D Base [Define]

The SMILE idea went out the window, as it was too off the main path.

SO, we'll go back to the original idea of Twitch integration. I'll define the idea in another post but for now, here's a look at how I've started on the Chibi base models.

Too Long!

First attempts, I had an off day and decided to try and do some modelling. That's never a good combination. It took me a full day to struggle through my first attempt at a Chibi model after looking at Jinki's 3D style and Topology. You can see the results above, and I wasn't happy with the results.

Topology

Topology is something I've always had an issue with but I needed to get it right to rig and skin properly for the commercial usage among the Twitch consumer population. I spent so long finding different images online of Chibi Topology specifically to give me an idea of how they're broke down differently compared to a normal human model.

This was important because of the low poly outcome I want to achieve.

Re-try
When I felt better I redid the base models for the characters. A lot less time spent, a lot more knowledge of topology, so a much happier outcome. These two base models for males and females below are going to be what I use as a main focal for creating the assets of each character. It should make the creation process a lot shorter for each (modelling wise).


Check out my Shadow on Social Media:


No comments:

Post a Comment